Because your conduct reflects upon Gettysburg College and Career Engagement, students and alumni who participate in the On-Campus Interviewing program are expected to adhere to professional and ethical expectations, commitments, and responsibilities during the entire interviewing process.
Current, matriculated students will receive priority in scheduling interviews.
Students who are studying abroad are eligible to participate in the On-Campus Interviewing program and will be accommodated through the arrangement of an interview via Skype or another online platform on
- the designated interview day or
- another date within a reasonable timeframe prior to or soon after the designated interview day. Alumni who cannot be physically present on campus on the designated interview day will be referred directly to the employer to arrange another interview time. Choosing to arrange another interview date and/or time for students or alumni who cannot attend the designated interview day is left to the employer’s discretion, based upon availability and time zone differences.
Students and alumni who participate in on-campus interviews are expected to follow through on all commitments so that:'
- relationships with employers can be sustained and/or strengthened.
- other current, matriculated students are not deprived of the opportunity to interview.
- future recruitment of Gettysburg College students and alumni by employers is not jeopardized.
The only acceptable reasons for cancelling an interview are:
- emergency or illness.
- acceptance of another job or internship offer.
If you must cancel your interview commitment, you must inform Career Engagement by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least 3 business days before your scheduled interview time. For example, if your interview is 2:00pm on Monday, you must cancel by 2:00pm on the previous Wednesday.
If you must cancel your interview with less than 3 business days’ notice, you will need to:
- contact the Associate Director of Employer Relations by phone at 717-337-6616 to cancel AND get the employer’s email address.
- write a letter of apology to the employer – the Associate Director of Employer Relations MUST be cc’d on the email.
Failure to comply with the above policies may result in all recruitment privileges, including access to Handshake, being suspended. If you cancel an interview on more than one (1) occasion, the Associate Director of Employer Relations may revoke your access to recruitment privileges after review of your specific, individual circumstances.
Any students or alumni who do not show for their scheduled interview time on the designated interview day will have their recruitment privileges, including access to Handshake, revoked immediately. You will be notified via email of your missed interview and provided instructions on writing a letter of apology to the employer and meeting with the Associate Director of Employer Relations. Once the letter has been sent to the employer and the meeting has taken place, your access to recruiting privileges and Handshake will be reevaluated by the Associate Director of Employer Relations.