Phi Delta Theta Risk Management Plan
Phi Delta Theta Residential Social Event Risk
Management Plan Spring 2023
1) Placement of sober monitors and reason – 1 sober monitor will be placed on the steps to monitor entry and exits of students. 1 will be on the porch checking student ID’s to make sure only students come inside as well as handing out over 21 wristbands to students who are allowed to consume alcohol. They will also be looking for any student who is already overly intoxicated to prevent them entry to the event. 1 will be on the radiator in the foyer to prevent students from leaving with alcoholic beverages as well as stopping anyone from going up the south stairwell. 1 will be in the dining room area where the dance floor will be to prevent anyone who does not have a wristband from drinking. 1 will be in the living room area where the bar will be to prevent the same thing. This will be our lead sober monitor. 1 will be located in the north stairwell to prevent students from going upstairs. All sober monitors will be on the look out for the safety of all students in the house. Sober monitors will be rotating positions in order to prevent complacency.
2) The bar/TIPS servers will be in the living area in the top left corner if looking at the residence life first floor plan.
3) Our food and non-alcoholic beverages will also be provided in the living area in the top left corner if looking at the residence life first floor plan near the bar/TIPS.
4) Our process to ensure that underage drinking does not occur is that sober monitors on the porch will be checking student ID’s and checking the over 21 list the school provided us to hand out wristbands to 21 and over students ONLY. Once inside our TIPS’s servers will only serve students with over 21 wristbands. Sober monitors throughout the house will be checking for anyone drinking without a wristband and stopping any underage drinking that they see.
5) Our capacity for our social space is 150 people.
6) For overcrowding our limit to number of people allowed inside the house is 150 so the sober monitors on the porch will only allow people inside until that limit is reached. They will be monitoring the exits of students so they will know when and how many people they can let inside at a time. Sober monitors inside will be looking for overcrowding and if it gets to the point where there are too many people inside, they will politely ask people to leave. If no one is compliant, sober monitors will tell people to leave. If we cannot get people out of the house, we will call DPS and ask for assistance in removing people from the event.
7) If someone gets physically hurt, we will assist them with our first aid kit located in the kitchen. Brothers also have extra safety equipment if necessary. If the injury is serious and requires immediate attention, we will call 911 or DPS based on severity.